A programmer’s editor is an essential tool not only for an established programmer, but for a person learning to code as well. There is a huge difference between a text editor or a programmer’s editor and a word processor. The main difference is that a text editor is concerned about the editing of text and is not at all concerned about the print presentation of the text.
PSPad is a text editor that helps programmers all over the world write code that can be turned into a workable software. It comes with a better balance between a word processor and a text editor than most programming tools in the market today.
PSPad is a perfect integrated development environment. It supports multiple syntaxes from various programming languages. It has the ability to catch and parse compiler outputs and compare various versions of a project file. When used as a web-editor PSPad can validate, tidy and correct the HTML code using its integrated TidyHTML feature. Its built-in FTP client helps transfer the files on a remote server. Other standard editing tools included in the program include a spellchecker, autocomplete, file search and replace and a macro recorder.
The editor supports some of the most popular programming languages such as python, C++, SQL, PHP, ASP and visual basic. Many templates allow further customization.
- it has a spelling checker which most programming editors do not have, thus making the work of a programmer much easier
- has autocomplete to ensure that typing of codes is easier where words are repeated many times
- has a code checker for C++/C, Pascal, HTML, PHP, CSS and XML among many others making it easier to identify mistakes
- it supports an external browser with APACHE support
- it has the ability to call external programs from many different environments
- it has the ability to sort lines making it great when it comes to dropping duplicate lines
- it can reformat and compress HTML codes
- built-in macro recorder
- shows differences in texts by highlighting in different colors
- it is slow with bigger projects